Sit back, relax and imagine this scene.
You are in Africa, sitting under the shade of a fig tree, looking out over one of the world's largest freshwater lakes.
To your right rock pools filled with crystal clear water, teem with fluorescent coloured fish darting amongst smooth ancient boulders.
On your left lies a white sandy beach stretching away from you, backed by pristine forest. All you can hear is the warm waters of this tropical lake lapping against the beach. Out on the lake the silhouette of a fisherman in his wooden canoe passes by as he paddles home with his day's catch.
Sounds like the perfect place to relax? At Nkwichi Lodge, on the shores of Lake Niassa in Mozambique, it's just the end of another day in this peaceful corner of Africa.
Nkwichi. The ideal romantic interlude. The perfect match for an African safari.
- The Community owned Conservation Area protects 120,000km² of brachystegia forest, savanah, streams and rivers, mountains and freshwater lakeshore.
- Nkwichi Lodge employs 59 local staff members, which directly supports over 1,000 family members.
- The Manda Wilderness Community Trust, in partnership with local communities has built ten schools, a maternity clinic, a maize mill, two church roofs and many bridges in the 16 villages in the area. It also runs a number of community upliftment projects.
- The Manda Wilderness Agricultural Project has assisted over 350 local farmers and contributed to the improvement of nutrition in the area.
- Just your presence helps develop local communities and preserve the natural environment they live in - US$5 is donated to the Manda Wlderness Community Trust for every night you stay.
Learn more about the Manda Wilderness Community Trust...
Children of all ages are welcome at Nkwichi. There is plenty to keep them occupied, both on the lake and in the bush, while our watchful eyes allow you to relax!
Imagine spending the night nestled under the milky way on a rocky outcrop somewhere on the Lake of Stars, just you and your soul mate....
Combine Nkwichi with a selection of other destinations - have a look at a few of our example itineraries
Talk to the lodge today and they can organise your stay, transport and combine Nkwichi with other exciting African destinations.
Nkwichi Lodge is located on the Mozambican shore of Lake Malawi. Talk to the lodge about the best way to get here.
Nkwichi are proud members of: